What is NAWS saying about COVID-19?
- Where can I find information on what LA County Department of Public Health is saying about COVID-19?
LADPH COVID-19 Information Page
- What if I have specific questions?
- Can we Have meetings in person?
FROM THE LADPH FAQ PAGE:
“Can you go to a behavioral health or substance use disorder group or receive faith-based counseling?”
“You can go to group counseling and participate in peer support groups, such as Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous, or in faith-based counseling if there are fewer than 10 people present, and you follow social (physical) distancing and infection control requirements. You can also take advantage of sessions that are held by telephone or video conference if they are available and meet your needs.”
- What protocols do I need to follow to have an in-person meeting?
FROM THE LADPH INFORMATION PAGE:
- What happens if we don’t follow protocols?
FROM THE LADPH FAQ PAGE
“What happens if I don’t comply with the Order?
Public Health trusts that residents will voluntarily follow the Order to protect loved ones, other residents, and our community. However, if you don’t follow the Order, you can be fined, imprisoned, or both.”
- Can we have a larger group if we meet outside and there is space to allow more attendee’s?
No information has been found to support ANY type of Substance Use/ Behavioral Health Support Groups in larger numbers, in any type of location. It is our opinion to follow the mandated protocols, in any setting, until more information is available.
- What about our Insurance coverage?
Only covers accidental damage to the property where the meeting is held, during the scheduled meeting time as represented in the directory, based on an accurate listing in the “todayna.org” database, is covered under the regional liability insurance.